The Roundhead Community Fire Association was organized August 27, 1953 in the V.F.W. hall in Roundhead. Temporary chairman, Gene Cox, called the meeting to order and the following officers were elected: Byron Osborn, President; Ken Henkle, Vice President; Ruth Henkle, Secretary; and Bob Mercer, Treasurer. President Osborn appointed Erwin Countryman, UJ McGinnis and Bob Mercer to draw up by-laws. Mr. Gilbert Stuber gave the organization it's first $1 which was turned over to the treasurer. It was decided that officers of the department be elected from the men that had taken the training. Those first officers were: Merle Harvey - Chief, John C. Fay Jr. - Captain, Bob Mercer - Lieutenant. These men served their posts for the rest of 1953 with new elections being held in January of the next year.
The first certified members were; Emery Canfield, Eugene Cox, Wilson F Dodds, Merle E Harvey, Clyde E Vermillion, K C Henkle, Robert D Cox, Roger Harpster, Byron Osborn, U J McGinnis, Ruth Henkle, William W Hurley, Floy Hites, Milo L Rumer and R T Mercer.
RVFD members circa 1983
Chief's of the RVFD
Chief's Bowdle and Zapp had the longest terms at 16 years each.
Left to Right; Clarence Moore, Robert Cox, Don Shipp, Bob Williams, Dick Osborn, Roger Harpster, Dave Grant, Emery Canfield.